ESTO Terms and Conditions
ESTO Terms and Conditions [Last updated: January 5, 2023]
LIABILITY WAIVER; RELEASE OF CLAIMS; INDEMNIFICATION
1. I UNDERSTAND THE RISK THAT I MAY BE EXPOSED TO OR INFECTED BY A COMMUNICABLE DISEASE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO COVID-19, BY ATTENDING THE U.S. TRAVEL ASSOCIATION'S ESTO CONFERENCE (THE "EVENT"), AND I AGREE TO FOLLOW ALL SAFETY PROTOCOLS ESTABLISHED FOR THE EVENT.
2. IN CONSIDERATION OF THE OPPORTUNITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE U.S. TRAVEL ASSOCIATION'S ESTO CONFERENCE (THE “EVENT”), THE ORGANIZATION IDENTIFIED ABOVE (“EXHIBITOR”) HEREBY AGREES TO FOREVER RELEASE, COVENANTS NOT TO SUE, DISCHARGES, AND AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS THE U.S. TRAVEL ASSOCIATION (“USTA”), ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “USTA PARTIES”) OF AND FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DAMAGES, COSTS, OR EXPENSES OF ANY KIND (“CLAIMS”) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO EXHIBITOR’S PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO EXPOSURE TO OR INFECTION OF COVID-19 OR OTHER COMMUNICABLE DISEASES BY EXHIBITOR, ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES AT THE EVENT, WHETHER ARISING DIRECTLY, NOW OR IN THE FUTURE, INCLUDING ANY EXPOSURE OR INFECTION RESULTING FROM THE NEGLIGENT ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY USTA PARTY.
3. For good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, I grant to the U.S. Travel Association and those acting under its permission or authority (collectively, "U.S. Travel"), the irrevocable royalty-free right and permission to record, copy, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, modify, use and reuse my voice, image, photograph, portrait, likeness, and biographical information, including portions, composites, likenesses or distortions or alterations of same ("Likeness"), made during or in connection with my attendance to ESTO, for use in any Materials to be shown in all media now known or hereafter devised, for an unlimited term. I acknowledge that all such Materials are the property of the U.S. Travel Association as a work made for hire (or, if not, then I assign all of my rights in and to the Materials to the U.S. Travel Association) and that I will not receive any compensation as a result of any use of my Likeness in such Materials. I waive any right to inspect or approve the finished Materials, and release, waive, and agree not to make any claim against the U.S. Travel Association in connection with any use of the Likeness, including, without limitation, any claim that such use invades any right of privacy, publicity and/or personality, defamation, libel, moral right, and any other personal and/or property right under the law of any country or jurisdiction. This agreement shall inure to the benefit of and shall be binding upon the parties' respective successors, licensees, assigns, heirs, and personal representatives, and cannot be amended except by written agreement. Registrants who wish to opt-out of this waiver must complete the Media Opt-Out Form and bring it and the required photo to the registration desk on-site.
4. Attendees registering at the member rate must have paid their 2023 membership dues in full on or before March 31, 2023, to be eligible for the member rate. Anyone who registers at the member rate but is not a member in good standing (i.e., fully paid) will be re-registered at the non-member rate and billed the difference in price.
5. Registrants who requested an invoice must submit payment through July 21, 2023, or make special arrangements with the ESTO Registrar to bring payment to the onsite registration desk. No credentials will be distributed without full payment.
6. All cancellation requests must be emailed to email@example.com. Refunds will be issued within 30 days (in the same payment form as the original transaction) as follows:
- 100% Refund: cancellation notices submitted through June 13, 2023
- 50% refund: cancellation notices submitted through July 21, 2023
- No refund: cancellation notices submitted after July 21, 2023
7. Substitution/name change requests must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Each registrant will be issued an official badge at the onsite registration desk. No admission will be granted to any session or function without this badge. Badges may not be shared or exchanged in any way. Violators’ badges will be confiscated. Lost badges will be re-issued upon the registrant’s presentation of proper identification. A $250 fee will apply.
9. Participants may not organize or sponsor any activities that conflict with the official program or sponsored events during official conference hours. Our partners have made significant investments in specific parts of the program, and we want all delegates to be able to enjoy this annual, one-of-a-kind experience without distraction.
10. The U.S. Travel Association Code of Conduct for Events establishes minimum expectations of behavior for individuals attending U.S. Travel Association-sponsored events such that all participants may feel safe and are treated with respect. The Code is strictly enforced.
11. All points not covered above are subject to U.S. Travel Association approval. It is understood and agreed that failure by a participant to comply with all rules and regulations may prohibit present and future participation.