Everybody Wants Your Funding, So How Do You Keep It?
JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa
Sponsored by TimeZoneOne.
As federal and state government funding sources continue to be reduced, all eyes are turning to occupancy taxes and other tourism funding as the cure for general fund shortages. Now more than ever, tourism leaders need to be able to demonstrate their value and role in economic and community development. This session will discuss ways to protect your resources and to increase your budget rather than just defend it.
- New tools from the U.S. Travel Association to highlight the industry’s value, including "A Study of Lodging Charges and the Allocation of Revenues from Taxes and Assessments on Lodging" and the Travel Economic Impact Calculator.
- How to best interact with politicians and stakeholders in your destinations to get your desired outcome.
- Tips on aligning with economic development efforts to increase your value.
- How brand alignment can help you stretch dollars.
- Alternatives to traditional occupancy tax funding.