The Great Resignation by Eric Termuende
Regardless of which research we subscribe to; the outlook is bleak: employees coast-to-coast are transitioning jobs at rates we haven’t seen since the Vietnam War. And while many of us think this is a threat to our workplace culture and organizational success, the truth is that the opportunity has never been greater to establish a one-of-a-kind culture that attracts and keeps an incredible team. Instead of calling it ‘The Great Resignation’, perhaps it should be called ‘The Great Reconfiguration’. After all, people aren’t leaving the workforce, they’re aligning with a lifestyle that suits them. This is where the secret to building great teams lies. In this head-scratching, insight-filled, and unexpectedly funny keynote, workplace culture and future of work expert Eric Termuende takes us on a journey filled with out-of-the-box ideas that are budget-free and immediately actionable as we work to not just survive ‘The Great Resignation’ but thrive through it. Just because there is a national talent shortage, doesn’t mean our team has to have one too.
In this presentation, attendees will learn:
- What it means to ‘plant your flag’ and how to do it
- How to tell a better story to attract top talent
- Why the best defense is a good offense and how to retain your best people
- Where your best recruiters are (hint* they’re closer than you think) and how to give them the free tools they need to build the team
- What cilantro teaches us about workplace culture and attracting top talent