This Policy may change from time to time. The date listed above indicates when this Policy was last reviewed or updated. Your continued use of the Sites after We make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
Information We Collect
When you visit our Sites or use our Services, we may collect personal information from you directly or indirectly. We may collect the following categories of personal information from you:
- Identifying Information can include your name, company, title, Member ID, and username/password if you create an account.
- Contact Information includes your email, phone, address.
- Payment Information, such as credit card if you make a purchase from Us.
- Marketing Preferences includes information like the newsletters that you have subscribed to.
- Technical Information could include your IP address, browser type, time zone settings, and location.
- Other Information that you share with us, such as when you engage with us on social media or engage with our Chatbot.
How We Use Information
We use your personal information to provide you with our Sites and Services. Specifically, we may use your personal information for the following business purposes:
- To provide our Sites and Services.
- To manage your membership.
- Conduct surveys, contests and promotions.
- Process transactions.
- Respond to your questions and comments.
- Perform analytics to evaluate how the Sites and Services are being used and to make improvements.
- Customize our Sites and Services.
- Protect our rights and property.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information with a limited group of third parties for the business reasons listed above, these third-parties include:
- Our service providers and vendors, who may only use your information to perform a specific service for Us.
- With event co-sponsors and partners, for example, when you sign up for a co-sponsored event. These third-parties may use send you marketing material about similar events and opportunities.
- With promotional partners.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by Us when you provide the information;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of U.S. Travel’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by U.S. Travel about our Site users is among the assets transferred;
How You Can Manage Your Information/ Your Rights
If you are a registered user of our Services, we provide you with tools and account settings to access, correct, delete, or modify the Personal Information you provided to us and associated with your account. If you have granted us consent to access and use your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time. You can request that we stop using your personal data for certain or all purposes, or for a certain amount of time, or that we stop sharing your personal data with third parties.
You can also permanently delete your account. If you follow the instructions here, your account will be deleted within ten (10) business days. If you wish to reinstate your account, you must contact U.S. Travel Association directly using the contact information below. Keep in mind that third parties to whom U.S. Travel Association has transmitted your data with your consent may still retain copies of your Personal Information even after you have deleted the information from, or deleted, your account with U.S. Travel Association. If you would like a copy of the Personal Information we have collected about you, or if you need a list of entities to whom your personal data has been transmitted, please contact U.S. Travel Association directly at the contact information below.
The safety and security of Your information also depends on You. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Sites, You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask You not to share Your password with anyone.
Depending on your location, you may have the following rights to further manage your personal information:
- Withdrawn of Consent
- Object or request to restrict processing
To exercise these rights, please contact us using the contact information below. For your protection, we will need to verify your identity. Additionally, in some instances we may not be able to fully comply with your request. For example, we may not be able to delete your personal information if we are required to retain it for our compliance obligations.
If you are not satisfied with how we have processed your personal information or responded to your request, you have the right to file a complaint with your local data protection regulator. However, we ask that you contact us first to give us the opportunity to resolve your concern.
It is our intention to only send You email communications that You want to receive. When You provide Us with your email address by creating a login account, We will periodically contact You via email about U.S. Travel programs and services. Every time You receive an email, You will be provided the choice to opt-out of future emails by following the instructions provided in the email. You may also opt-out by emailing email@example.com or using the contact information listed below.
Please allow 10 business days for Us to process your opt-out and include your email address if You opt-out via postal mail. Note that even if You unsubscribe or opt-out, We may still send You transactional, relationship or service-related emails.
Please note that U.S. Travel will never send You an email requesting your password, credit card number, social security number or other similar personal or private identification information. If You receive an email that looks like it is from U.S. Travel, but asks You for personal information, it is a fraudulent email and You should not reply or provide such information.
Retention of Information and Materials
We retain the Personal Information and materials We may collect and you provide Us for only as long as is reasonably necessary for us to achieve the purposes for which you have provided it to Us, or to the extent reasonably necessary for Us to protect our rights, or as may be required to fulfill Our legal obligations.
Grounds for Use of Personal Information
We rely on the following legal bases for processing and use of your Personal Information:
- Performance of a Contract: We may collect and use your Personal Information that is necessary for Us to enter into a contract with you or to fulfill a contract that you may have entered with us, or to take steps requested by you prior to entering into a contract with Us, for example, when you decide to register with Us to attend certain U.S. Travel events, such as IPW, ESTO, among other of Our conferences and events. `
- Legitimate Interests: We may use your Personal Information as necessary for our legitimate interests consistent with the products, services, and content on ustravel.org or any other websites owned or operated by U.S. Travel, such as ipw.com, travelcoalition.org, esto.ustravel.org, and dailygetaways.com; and on Our social media pages, in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the foregoing sites, and for Our Promotions.
- Consent: We also may collect and share your information with your consent. To withdraw your consent, you may contact Us via Our contact information, which is provided to you below.
Our websites also use pixel tags are not visible to the user of the Sites and consist of a few lines of computer code. Our Sites use pixel tags to track the aggregate number of page views made on our Sites by all Sites visitors. We also use social media pixels in compliance with the policies of the various social media sites, such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, to track cookies. These pixels allow social media sites to track visitors to outside websites in order to tailor the advertising messages that users see while visiting that social media website. Our email service provider uses pixel tags to determine your ability to receive HTML-based email messages. This capability helps our service provider send email in a format You can read. The sensor does not collect or use any other information. Pixel tags also allow Us to know how many users open an email and allow our service provider to compile aggregated statistics about an email campaign for us.
Certain of our Sites that provide a more interactive experience, such as our conference platforms, we may offer a Chatbot to answer your questions. Our Chatbot does not collect additional personal information from you unless you voluntarily provide it. Our Chatbot is designed to improve your experience on these websites by helping you quickly find the information you are seeking.
Securing Your Information
We treat personal information You provide as confidential information, and We use commercially reasonable security measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction. After Personal Information reaches U.S. Travel, it is stored on a secure server that resides behind firewalls designed to block unauthorized access.
However, please understand that no one can provide an absolute guarantee that information intended to be maintained as private, whether transmitted via the Internet or otherwise, cannot be accessed inappropriately or unlawfully by third parties. We have taken and will continue to take reasonable steps to ensure the secure and safe transmission of your personal information. You understand and agree that such steps do not guarantee that use of the Sites is invulnerable to all security breaches, and that U.S. Travel makes no warranty, guarantee, or representation that use of any portion of our Sites is protected from viruses, security threats or other vulnerabilities.
This is a United States website and is subject to laws of the United States and the District of Columbia. U.S. Travel may disclose Personal Information without your permission if required by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with legal requirements or legal process served on U.S. Travel or one of its affiliates, or (b) investigate or protect against harmful activities to U.S. Travel or its associates, property (including our Sites) or to others.
Personal Information of Children Under Age 18
The Sites are intended for adults aged 18 and older. If you are not an adult, please do not use our Sites or provide us with any Personal Information.
This policy will be updated from time to time. When the policy is updated the “Last Reviewed and Effective Date” listed at the top of the policy will be updated. Your continued use of the Site and Services after the policy is updated constitutes your consent to those changes.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are residents of the State of California in the United States to annually request and obtain, at no charge, information about the personal information (if any) We have disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If You are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request to the email or mailing address below.
Contacting U.S. Travel About Privacy Issues
By email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone at: 202.408.8422
By fax at: 202.408.1255
By mail at:
U.S. Travel Association
1100 New York Avenue, NW, Suite 450 W
Washington, DC 20005